If you are looking for a role that will support your career aspirations in Early Childhood, then this is the role for you!
Winyu is a 90-place early childhood service, located in Gungahlin town centre. The service has open-planned spaces and state of the art facilities offering children flexible learning environments. Winyu supports a culture of diversity, promoting a positive attitude towards inclusion. We celebrate and value our differences and support all educators and families to participate in our community.
We practice a socio-cultural approach to early childhood, using research and theories of development to enhance our environments and experiences for children, developing a positive deposition to learning for life.
Winyu Early Childhood Service was rated ‘Exceeding’ across all seven quality areas of the National Quality Standard in 2017.
As the Early Childhood Teacher, you will be supporting the Director in the daily operational needs of the service whilst providing high-quality Early Childhood Education and Care to children between the ages of 6 weeks – 6 years old. Additionally, you will work closely with our team of Educators to implement a program and curriculum that reflects best practice. This is a predominately non-contact role, with the expectation of supporting the team when required.
You will build and maintain positive relationships with children and families, and the Winyu community. Most importantly, you will make a difference to the lives of children in our care.
You will be a facilitator of continuous improvement, with knowledge of current best practice as well as early childhood theory. You will be an engaged and enthusiastic leader. It is essential that you hold:
· A Bachelor of Early Childhood (or actively working towards with 50% completion), or equivalent
· Have a strong working knowledge of the National Quality Framework
· You are committed to providing high quality education and care to children
· Have strong interpersonal skills, and a warm and friendly nature
· Experience in maintaining a safe workplace, and working within a compliance framework
· Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders with demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
· Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
· A Working with Vulnerable People card; and
· Current first aid/asthma anaphylaxis training
In return we will offer you
· Competitive Salary
· Enhanced terms and conditions of employment including 14 weeks paid parental leave
· Salary packaging that can increase your take home pay by up to 5k annually
· Excellent Professional Development Opportunities
· A flexible workplace to support your studies if required
· Opportunities to grow your career with a progressive organisation
YWCA Canberra is committed to the safety of children and young people. As such, successful applicants will be required to participate fully in all child protection risk management recruitment processes and ongoing character checking and assessment processes.
Want more information?
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Kiki Luk, Director Winyu Ealry Childhood Service by email at email@example.com
Addressing of applications:
“Private and Confidential”
GPO Box 767
CANBERRA ACT 2601
YWCA Canberra is proud to be an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, and offers above award wages and generous conditions through our innovative and progressive Enterprise Agreement.
YWCA Canberra is an equal opportunity employer. People from diverse backgrounds and with diverse life experiences are encouraged to apply. We specifically encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply