Launch of YWCA Canberra’s 2021 Our lives survey findings
With more than 1200 responses received, 2021 Our lives: women in the ACT is a window into the lives of women and non-binary people in our community during a time that coincided with city-wide lockdowns and unprecedented social and economic change.
On Friday 3 December, join us to receive your copy of the report and hear from a panel of speakers about the impacts of COVID-19 on individual and community wellbeing.
The panel will be facilitated by our Chief Executive Officer, Frances Crimmins, and will feature:
- Jo Chivers – Jo is a Palawa woman from Tasmania and a member of the ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body. She is passionate about health, education and youth issues as they relate to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Canberra.
- Dr Hayley Boxall – Hayley is a Principal Researcher at the Australian Institute of Criminology. Her research is focused on domestic and family violence in Australia.
- Professor Meredith Edwards AM – Meredith is Emeritus Professor at the Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis at the University of Canberra. Her distinguished career in the Australia Public Service saw her advise major social and educational policy reform. Now retired, she remains involved in local advocacy.
- Celestina Emmy Rabi – Celestina is a young woman from South Sudan, who has called Canberra home since 2019. Rabi worked in hospitality, and is currently completing her Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management. Rabi has had first-hand experience of the challenges that face young women and culturally diverse community members when seeking support for employment, education and community inclusion.
Note: This is an in-person event so places are limited to comply with COVID-19 social distancing rules.
Key event details
- When: Friday 3 December 2021, 9.00am – 11.00am (Arrival from 9am, proceedings commencing from 9.15am)
- Where: Cinema, Kambri Cultural Centre (ANU Building 153), University Ave, Acton ACT 2601
- Cost: Free
- Photography: Photographs will be taken at this event. If you do not wish to have your photo published, please contact email@example.com or note this with the photographer on the day.
If you have questions or would like further information, please feel free to contact the CAF team on firstname.lastname@example.org