Support the YWCA Canberra Clubhouse
The YWCA Canberra Clubhouse is a creative and collaborative out-of-school learning environment open to young people aged 10-18 in the Tuggeranong region, which provides free access to cutting edge technology and career development opportunities.
Through the Clubhouse, our members have the opportunity to learn about coding, programming, photography, 3D modelling, robotics and more, as well as connecting with professional mentors who guide and support them to pursue their passions.
Here’s some examples of the kind of the impact you could make
- $200 could help us purchase a simple sewing machine for the Clubhouse, so our members who are busy designing clothing lines could put their plans in action.
- $300 will buy heaps of great craft supplies, like felt, LED lights, cardboard and paints, which are critical to fostering a ‘maker’ culture at the Clubhouse.
- $1,000 will help us purchase several new graphics cards for our Clubhouse members to use to enhance their video game designs and programming.
- $2000 can send one of our Clubhouse members to the Global Teen Summit, a biennial week-long youth leadership event that brings together representatives from 100 Clubhouses internationally. Youth leaders explore and propose solutions to social issues through the creative use of innovative, high-end technologies. Each Teen Summit takes place on a university campus in Boston, Massachusetts, and includes a college and career fair, collaborative cross-cultural activities, and many other opportunities for educational, career and personal growth.
- $5000 can send our Clubhouse Coordinator to the Global Annual Conference. This event brings together Computer Clubhouse staff, executive directors, sponsors and collaborators from organisations across the world. It’s an opportunity for our Clubhouse Coordinator to develop new ideas, skills and perspectives that they can take home and implement to better serve our Clubhouse members.
- $75,000 covers the cost of employing our Clubhouse Coordinator to manage the program, as well as members, mentors, and community networks. This role is critical to the sustainability and ongoing success of the Clubhouse!
Download our Workplace Giving Guide