Articles and publications that help tell our story
There are many facets to YWCA Canberra. To assist you in understanding more about us, we’ve compiled this collection of recent publications and published articles that provide a deeper understanding of who we are, what’s important to us, and the variety of work in which we are involved.
YWCA Canberra in the news:
- A Day of Action at Parliament House to highlight the actions we believe governments need to make to end violence against women resulted in this great online article by the ABC.
- We kicked off our 16 Days to Eliminate Violence Against Women 2015 campaign by this opinion piece by our Executive Director Frances Crimmins.
- In this Public Sector Informant article, we argue strongly for quotas on ACT Government Boards and for a pipeline of female leaders to be created within the public service.
- On International Women’s Day 2015, we launched a campaign asking the ACT Government to fund a primary prevention program for violence against women in schools.
- Our Executive Director Frances Crimmins spoke out strongly in the Canberra Times when we felt that funding for the prevention of violence against women in the ACT Budget simply didn’t go far enough.
- We hosted Julia Gillard in Canberra during her book tour in 2015.
- The official opening of our Computer Clubhouse caught the media’s eye.
- At the release of the Productivity Commission’s report into childcare and early childhood learning, and the government’s response, we asked on Women’s Agenda ‘Could this spell the end of quality childcare in Australia?’
- The release of the She Speaks Survey Results peaked interest from the Canberra Times in development programs for girls.